Milford Fabricating Company, A Milford Tradition for 60+ Years
Edward A. Pohl, Jr is the second generation of the Pohl family to own and operate Milford Fabricating Co. His father, Edward A. Pohl, Sr., founded the business in 1947, working out of a small garage at his home in Milford Ct, In 1950 Milford Fabricating grew and relocated to Erna Ave where a new factory was constructed.
In 1958, Ed Pohl, Jr. began his career at Milford Fabricating working on the factory floor as a mechanic and grew with the company where he eventually became president and CEO.
Milford Fabricating Co. provides precision quality custom sheet metal fabricating services, welding, precision machining, and heat treating to local manufacturers such as Sikorsky Aircraft, Hamilton Sundstrand, Helicopter Support, Kaman, GKN, Pitney Bowes, Perkin Elmer and Lorad.
With Ed’s leadership, along with his keen business mind, he focused on building the customer base to area manufacturers in such diverse industries as medical apparatus, electronics, electrical hardware, video surveillance, instrumentation & controls, aerospace, computers, transportation and audio components.
The business relocated to 500 Bic Drive after a devastating fire on March 31, 2009 destroyed the Erna Ave. factory. Within 28 days of the catastrophe, Milford Fabricating was up and running again, thanks to the strong management team and the 85 plus workforce, along with the cooperation of Milford’s industrial community.
A Timeline of Milford Fabricating
So the story goes: “From Ashes to Production in 28 days”. It was nothing short of a miracle, and Milford Fabricating is stronger now since it has created a factory of the future with new state-of-the art machinery and remains a Milford tradition for generations to come.